Summer is just around the corner, which means that the air-cooling season is here. A highly effective cooler is essential to keep yourself cool in the scorching heat.
In recent years, brands have introduced several new designs of desert coolers and personal coolers with unique features. New technologies have made these coolers more durable, affordable, and efficient. Despite that, you still need to maintain your cooler and take care of it frequently, just as you would do for any other electrical appliance. The regular maintenance ensures that you will not have to purchase a cooler every two years.
Here are the tips for maintaining and operating your cooler efficiently:
5 tips to maintain your air coolers
1. Regular maintenance
If you want your cooler to last long and be efficient, take care of it regularly. Keeping your air cooler clean, deep cleaning, and sanitizing every three months will help it function better.
Ensure the cooler is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before using it in the summer. Take precautions against bacteria and other microorganisms.
2. Keeping proper cleaning and care when not in use
After summer, air coolers aren’t used for five to six months, so you’ll need to clean or disinfect your air cooler before storing it. Dry and sanitize the tank after draining the water. Moisture can be a breeding ground for mosquitoes if it is not properly maintained. Furthermore, clean the entire cooler while taking precautions and sanitizing other parts.
Make sure you clean the dust and change the water before using the air cooler, even if you have not used it for a few days.
3. Keep your air cooler and cooling area well ventilated
It is essential to keep your cooler ventilated because it pulls in outside hot air and makes it cool with water evaporation, and then this cool air blows out of cooler in the room. As a result of water evaporation, your room becomes cool and humid. Keeping your room area as well as the air cooler in a ventilated space will help remove that moisture & ensure it works properly.
4. Place your cooler in front of the window
Open window or the open door is best place to keep the cooler, as this will ensure good circulation of outside air in the cooling area. Smooth inflow of air to the cooler as well as smooth outflow of stale room air is essential for efficient cooler operation. Ventilation will take care of the humidity coming along with water evaporation and consistent cooling continues.
5. Regular replacement of cooling pads
The cooling pads in air coolers are consumable parts and they become dusty due to deposition of salts and dirt with usage. Hard the water is, more is the deposition of salts and lesser is the life of cooling pads. Once the cooling pads become hard, they do not remain effective thus affecting the overall cooling performance of air cooler. It is good to replace the pads every season in case of wood wool cooling pads and once in every 2 years for the honeycomb cooling pads. Regular washing of these cooling pads can ensure little extra life for these pads.
You don’t need an experts or air cooler service technician to maintain efficient & long-lasting performance, just maintaining your cooler correctly will achieve this purpose. Knowing how to use an air cooler goes an extra mile in getting additional service life.
Here are some points you need to know about air coolers for longer trouble-free performance
- Check the cooler before starting it for the season.
- Make sure the power supply is connected correctly and the power plug is connected tightly to the control box.
- Check that the earthing wire is connected correctly.
- If the water line is connected to float ball, check the water inflow is proper and water is able to enter the tank normally.
- Check the valve for any water leakage.
- Check that the drain valve works.
- Check that the fan and pump are working.
- Make sure that the fan is not making any irregular noise.
Operating instructions for machines
- The power supply should be checked before starting the machine every day. If there is a low voltage better not to switch on the air cooler.
- The cooler should not be close to fire. The power supply should be turned off when there is a thunder.
- When no one is there in room, it’s best to turn off the air cooler and let it rest.
- It is recommended to turn off the control switch on machine before turning off the main power supply. Keep in mind that the machine should not be turned off directly from main power supply.
- When the evaporative air coolers cannot cool or ventilate, you should turn off the cooler, and contact the service team. Ram Services and Sales provide the best repair and maintenance services in and around Nagpur. You can contact us directly for quick help.
How to Clean an Air Cooler
Check and clean the evaporative air cooler if you are not using it for a while. Cleaning the air cooler is as simple as following these instructions:
- Pull out the side panel
- Take out the leftover water from the water tank and clean the tank properly.
- Use tap water to clean the cooling pad, but do not apply excessive pressure.
- Clean the body completely with wet cloth. If you find rusting on your metal body cooler, it is painter to undertake repainting work.
- Start ventilating the cooling pads and tank after installing the side panel.
- Make sure the power supply is turned off once the cooler is completely dry.
Contact us if you need maintenance or repair services. Our service begins with a thorough inspection, followed by a maintenance report, including a reasonable quote. After conducting a thorough investigation, we pick all legitimate repair materials from our inventory, saving you the hassle of running around.
If you are looking for a service for an air cooler, geyser or RO water purifier in Nagpur, contact Ram Services & Sales.
Our brand’s reputation depends on the trust and loyalty of our clients. Whenever you need assistance, call 9284004267 / 9960010998 to obtain prompt support or to have your devices checked for free.
Also Read: A Comprehensive Guide to RO Tank Cleaning – Ram Services and Sales